Rose Kesten Pondel, founder of The Family Formation Law Center is a California licensed attorney. Rose's practice focuses on family formation and reproductive matters including surrogacy, egg donation, sperm donation, parenting plans, family estate planning and mediation.
Rose is recognized as one of the top surrogacy lawyers in California and regularly speaks to physicians groups, attorneys and fertility patients regarding the state of surrogacy law in California and how it effects the options of assisted reproduction that are available to her clients. Rose works with fertility patients both domestically and internationally and has experience working with clients from Europe, China, Japan, Australia, Central and South America, Israel and around the world.
Prior to opening The Family Formation Law Center, Rose practiced corporate transactional law and has extensive experience drafting and negotiating high-stakes contracts. Rose has specific expertise in multinational matters including American, Asian and European entities.
Rose’s education includes advanced training in mediation and negotiation from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine, a J.D. from the University of San Francisco, School of Law and a B.A. from UC Santa Barbara. Rose is a member of the American Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Santa Monica Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, the Marin County Bar Association, RESOLVE and the Reproductive Technologies Subcommittee of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please contact Rose via email at Rose@FamilyFormationLawCenter.com or phone at 310.598.6428.
Rose is available for speaking engagements, trainings and private informational meetings. For more information, please contact Rose@FamilyFormationLawCenter.com or 310.598.6428.
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Panelist, WLALA's Reproductive Rights Anniversary of Roe v. Wade - February 2013 - Read about it here!
- Guest Lecturer/Mediator, USC Gould School of Law, Civil Procedure - November, 2012
- Guest Speaker for The Santa Monica Breakfast Club - "Family Formation in the 21st Century" - October, 2012 and November, 2012
- Guest Speaker for the Santa Monica Kiwanis Club - "Family Formation in the 21st Century" - June 2012
- Expert Panelist for "Ask the Experts - All Things Mom" - May, 2012
- Expert Panelist for "Meet the Experts - A Modern Woman's Guide to Doing it All" - February, 2012
- Guest Lecturer/Mediation Coach, USC School of Law, Mediation Clinic - January, 2012
- Guest Lecturer/Mediator, USC Gould School of Law, Civil Procedure - November, 2011
- Guest Lecturer, Roosevelt High School, Small School of Law and Government - November, 2011
- Expert Panelist at Choice Moms event in Los Angeles - November, 2011
- Guest Lecturer, Emeritus College, Grandparent Adoption and Family Formation - September, 2011
- Guest Lecturer/Mediation Coach, USC School of Law, Mediation Clinic - February, 2011
- Guest Lecturer/Mediation Coach, USC School of Law, Mediation Clinic - January, 2011
- Guest Lecturer/Mediator, USC School of Law, First Year Civil Procedure - November, 2010
Thanks so much, Rose! First, for coming and being the students favorite speaker of the year. Seriously, I had a few teachers come up to me and tell me that the kids were still discussing your talk and totally fascinated by your work. The goal of these talks is to expose them to inspiring people, to immerse them in new academic language, and to help them imagine the vast options before them--your talk did it all! It helped me remember that in exposing them to the field, we need to connect more often with people like you who are working innovatively within law and gov. Thank you!
Roosevelt High School
Small School of Law and Government